7:45 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:20 Conference opening
- Art performance (Secondary Preschool Education, Grammar School and Performing Arts Grammar School Ljubljana)
9:20 – 9:30 Opening speeches
- Simona Kustec, Minister of the Republic of Slovenia for Education, Science and Sport
- Margaritis Schinas, European Commission Vice-President for Promoting our European Way of Life
9:30 – 9:40 Visionary speech on digital education and AI,
- Margrethe Vestager, Executive Vice-president, European Commission
Session 1: Didactics for Digital Education
9:40 – 10:10 Key speaker of Session 1
- Riina Vuorikari, European Commission, Joint Research Centre
10:10 – 10:40 Coffee break
10:40 – 13:10 Parallel sessions
- (TEACHER) What is the role of all involved in teaching and learning with digital technologies?
– MODERATOR: Vesna Ferk Savec, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Education
– Speaker: Mart Laanpere, Tallinn University, School of Digital Technologies, Centre for Educational Technology
- (LEARNER) What kind of digital citizen we need/want?
– MODERATOR: Nives Kreuh, Utrecht University of Applied Sciences)
– Speaker: Axel Jean, Ministry of National Education and Youth, France
- (LEARNING ENVIRONMENT) What will be the learning environments of the future?
– MODERATOR: Marko Radovan, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Slovenia
– Speaker: Dana Redford, PEEP — Policy Experimentation & Evaluation Platform, Portugal
13:10 – 14:15 Lunch break
Session 2: School in Digital Society
14:15 – 14:45 Positive education and positive psychology
- Martin Seligman, University of Pennsylvania, USA
14:45 – 16:00 Panel discussion:
- Kristijan Musek Lešnik (Council of Experts of the Republic of Slovenia for General Education),
- Dan Podjed (ZRC SAZU),
- Riina Vourikari (Joint Research Centre),
- Margaret Sutherland (Glasgow University) and
- Juliane von Reppert-Bismarck (Lie detectors)
- Ahmet Murat Kiliç (Council of Europe)
16:00 – 16:15 Break
16:15 – 17:30 Parallel sessions
- How can school support learner to distinguish fake news from real ones?
– MODERATOR: Juliane von Reppert-Bismarck, Lie detectors, Belgium
- What is the role of teachers in supporting emotional wellbeing and nurturing social skills?
– MODERATOR: Ana Kozina, Educational Research Institute, Slovenia and and Tina Vršnik Perše, Faculty of Education, University of Maribor
- How to respond to different needs of different students and develop an inclusive classroom climate?
– MODERATOR: Sonja Stepančič, Basic School Trnovo, Slovenia
- How can school contribute to building participate society by developing active citizens?
– MODERATOR: Aleš Kustec, Gimnazija Franca Miklošiča Ljutomer, Slovenia
19:30 – 21:30 Dinner